As an AML Consultant, you will have three essential duties:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Establishing proper use, rules, and guidelines
- Maintaining the workspace
There are many tasks that support these essential duties. Some examples include:
- Assisting users with the technology and resources available at the AML
- Remaining approachable, friendly, and accessible to AML users
- Presenting rules and guidelines to classrooms and students (orientations)
- Showing up to shifts on time and ready to complete daily tasks
- Communicating issues or problems to the Assistant Director
- Sanitizing desks, keyboards, computer screens, and other simple cleaning tasks
AML Consultants are not expected to be experts of any specific software or computer technology; however, knowledge of the following is a plus: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, printers & scanners, and general computer hardware. AML Consultants should also be willing to learn new technical skills.
As an on-campus employment opportunity, we prioritize hiring Washington State University students. We offer competitive hourly wages and set schedules throughout the semester. Working as an AML Consultant is a great opportunity to gain experience in an innovative computer facility. As an AML Consultant, you will also gain exposure to many digital tools in the humanities and practice your customer service communication skills.
Hiring is closing for Fall 2023. However, we appreciate having applicants on hand in case the need arises and for future semesters. If you’re interested in working at the AML, please download and fill out the pdf below. Then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly. We look forward to your application!